Saturday, February 26, 2005

 

Constantine or Almost But Not Quite

Against my better judgement, I went to see Constantine yesterday. Apart from the first Matrix movie, and the Bill & Ted movies, I have never really been a big fan of Keanu. But because Constantine is a movie based on a comic book, I had to go see it, just to see how they did with it.
I was both pleasantly surprised and slightly disappointed. Keanu, in this movie was basically just 'acting' the same as he did in Matrix, which is to say deadpan and with not a real amount of expression or emotion. I kinda liked the movie, though there were parts that were not quite the same as the comic. Where was the blond hair? Where was the long coat that John Constantine wears in the comics? I still don't know why they actually chose Keanu to play the part, considering I read somewhere that the creators of Constantine used Sting as a blueprint for him. But
I did like the guy that played Satan, very nice actor.
I guess, even with the little bits and pieces I didn't like about this movie, overall I liked it more than disliked it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?